WHAT PHARMACY TECHNICIANS DO:
Pharmacy technicians help licensed pharmacists dispense prescription medication. They work in retail pharmacies and hospitals.
Duties: Pharmacy technicians typically do the following:
- Take from customers or health professionals the information needed to fill a prescription
- Count tablets and measure amounts of other medication for prescriptions
- Compound or mix medications, such as preparing ointments
- Package and label prescriptions
- Accept payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
- Do routine pharmacy tasks, such as answering phone calls from customers
The MTC Advantage:
- Job Placement Assistance
- Quality Instructors
- Affordable Tuition
- 9 Month Day Classes
- Licensed by the LA Board of Regents
- Financial Aid Available to those who qualify
- TOPS Eligible
Call (225) 407-4560 now to schedule your personal tour.
You can also fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch shortly.