About This Program
With medical billing and coding classes becoming common place for people who work in medical offices, this program fills a real need locally. If you need medical billing and coding training in Baton Rouge, Medical Training College has you covered!
Medical Office and Health Information Technician Growth
With an anticipated growth rate of 22%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has placed Medical Office and Health Information Technician on its jobs that it expects to see the highest growth in the US between 2012 and 2022.
Register for Medical Office & Health Information Technician Classes Today
It’s never too late to get started on your new career. Our dedicated team is here to help you every step of the way.
What is a Medical Office and Health Information Technician?
The Medical Office and Health Information Technician is the one who makes the office work!
The Medical Office and Health Information Technician is exactly that: a specialist, with specialized knowledge that begins with learning the language of medicine, which is anatomy & physiology, pharmacology, and medical procedures. That sets her or him apart from office workers in other fields.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Patient education
- Scheduling and referral management
- Patient or medical records management
- File system management
- Office, equipment, and financial management
- Coding, billing, and claims processing
- Working with managed care plans
- Credit, billing, and collection
- Communications technology skills
- Computer literacy
- Touch-typing skills
- Medical Software packages
- Fundamental bookkeeping
- Medical language skills
- Medical procedures
- Insurance billing and coding
Where Do Medical Office and Health Information Technicians Work?
- Physicians’ offices
- Dentists’ offices
- Insurance companies
- Retirement home
Why Medical Office and Health Information Technician Training at MTC?
With an opportunity to learn from instructors who are themselves medical professionals, you will learn in an environment structured to give you the proper exposure to all the technology you will be faced with in the medical workplace. Our classes prepare students for the real world. Short-term programs, Externship component, and certification testing are your building blocks for a career in Medical Office and Health Information Technician, Billing and Coding, and Microsoft Office products. With medical billing and coding classes becoming more important in today’s healthcare world, this program is an effective and affordable solution.
Night Classes Available
Looking for an opportunity to get billing and coding training done at night so you can keep your day job? Medical Training College offers night classes for the Medical Office & Health Information Technician program!
Benefits of Training in Baton Rouge
- Learn from instructors who are themselves medical professionals
- Learn in an environment structured to give you the proper exposure to all the technology you will be faced with in the medical workplace
- Complete in 7 ½ Months (Day) 13.5 months (night)
- 4-day school week
Externship – 240 Hours
- Equivalent of 6 40-hour work weeks
- Real world experience as a Medical Office and Health Information Technician
- Can become a job reference on your resume
Certification testing through National Healthcareer Association
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant